Are you a big movie buff?!?! Today we are sharing 40 fun and romantic movies for Valentines that will be sure to be a good time!
Romantic Movies for Valentines
Oh Valentines, such a fun holiday to celebrate! I have always loved Valentine’s Day even as a kid. It was always a special day because my dad would bring me home something special. He usually brought me flowers, but it was always something sweet! My dad followed this tradition until my first Valentines day married to Jake. Then my dad handed the reins for Jake take over from there 🙂 I love that my dad always did that because it taught me that Valentines is a celebration of love! It can be a love for your family, yourself, a spouse, kids, good friends or whoever you care about!
I saw these super cute Valentines PJs and I knew I had to get them! Every holiday Jake and I love to do a themed movie marathon, so I knew these were a must! Plus they were onesie! It doesn’t get better than that!
With that being said, most people think about Valentines as a romantic holiday….. Sooo… today we are sharing some of very most favorite Romantic Movies that are a must watch for Valentine’s Day! I enjoy romantic comedies so most of these are fun love stories!
Classic Romantic Movies
- Pride and Prejudice (2006)– Can there be a better love story?!? This is one of my favorite movies and can watch it over and over! If you have never seen this version with Kiera Knightly, its a must watch.
- Romeo and Juliet (1996)– Just a classic! I prefer the version with Leonard Decaprio!
- Titanic– My heart will go on…. another great Leo classic!
- The Notebook– So many of my friends are sooo obsessed with the movie! Literally my friends McKenzie and Amy and repeat this movie quote by quote. It is just a great love story classic. Don’t forget the tissues for this one.
- A Walk to Remember– In junior high my friend Aimee and I would watch this movie over and over! An unexpected love story that is a tear jerker every time!
- Sweet Home Alabama– Sweet southern charm romance!
80’s Romantic Movies
- Say Anything– Boom box? Need I say more! A great high school romance classic!
- Dirty Dancing– No one puts baby in the corner! 🙂 Dancing and hot romance galore!
- Sixteen Candles– Love story of when a girl falls in love and has her big 16th birthday!
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun– Hands down one of my all time favorite movies! Dance TV has auditions for the next new hot tv couple to be regulars to dance on their show! Sarah Jessica Parker, a school girl auditions! Need I say more?!?!
- Pretty In Pink– If you have not seen this movie… go watch it now!!!!
- Better Off Dead– One of my favorite movies! A winter romance with a foreign exchange student!
- Ferris Beuller’s Day Off– For the fun and upbeat, this story is about a boy who takes the “day off” from school! He goes out for an adventure and takes his love and best friend along for the ride.
- Clueless– “As If!” This has teenage romance written all over it 😉 Such a good movie! Not necessary an 80’s movie but an 80’s vibe 🙂
- Ghost– Can you believe I have never seen this movie?! I need to but I know there is a pottery scene everyone rein-acts in tv shows!
- The Wedding Singer– Hands down one of my all time favorite movies! As you will see from the list below I am a big Adam Sandler fan. This movie though is like a flashback to the 80’s in the cutest and sweetest love story ever!
- 50 First Dates– Talk about winning someone over for love?! If you like cute animals, beautiful Hawaii scenery, and a very unique love plot, this movie is for you!
- Blended– I had never watched this movie until a few months ago and I loved it so much I watched it 4 times in a row. 2 single parents end up on a trip of a lifetime with their kids.
- Big Daddy– Jake just saw this movie for the first time! It’s an unexpected romance as well as creating new loves as a parent. Such a cute movie on a guy who turned his life around.
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days– 2 individuals have certain romance bets with their friends…. find out who wins in the end…
- Bride Wars– Galentines night anyone?!! 2 friends are getting married! This is a story of BFF’s who learn to shake things off and the true meaning of friendship.
- 10 Things I Hate About You– A modern day Romeo and Juliet done oh so well!
- A Knight’s Tale– A story of love and triumph! A peasant boy works the system to be a knight and falls in love in the process!
- My Best Friends Wedding– This movie is so hilarious! It is about a gal who is trying to ruin her best friends wedding!
- The Wedding Planner– Such a cheesy and cute movie! Mary Fiore is the wedding planner extraordinaire. Since she has always been unlucky in love, she decides that those that can’t wed – they plan!
- Runaway Bride– Trouble committing?! A true comedy on a gal who can’t seem to make a relationship commitment!
- 27 Dresses– Always the bridesmaid never the bride?! This gal knows just how you feel!
Kids Approved Valentines Movies
- While You Were Sleeping– Such a good movie! It’s a great Christmas romance too, but such a fun and sweet movie about a girl who saves a guy’s life and its her journey of falling in love with a man in a coma and his family.
- It Could Happen To You– Ever wanted to win the lotto?! This is a story of kindness, generosity and new love!
- Overboard (1987)– One movie I could watch over and over! A wealthily women gets lost at sea and loses her memory. A man she owes money for a job he did on her yacht, gets a little payback!
- Grease– Ready to dance and sing? Grease lightning will make you feel young again and take you back in time for some fun!
- The Sound of Music– Julie Andrews is incredible! Catchy songs and an amazing story about a family who gives up everything to run from the Nazi’s and create a new life.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s– An Audrey Hepburn classic! This title is pretty famous, but the movie is based off a book that is a NYC love story.
- La La Land– Voted one of the best films of 2016. A great musical, download the music and sing along!
- Mama Mia– If you need some good laughs and amazing music, such a great movie!
- Moonrise Kingdom– The moment we saw this movie, Jake went and pre-ordered it right away! Such a cute movie about young kids, summer camp and new love.
- 500 Days of Summer– Want something different and not your typical romantic movie? Need a good breakup movie? This one is for you!
- Serendipity– Do you believe in fate? Need I say more?!
- Sleepless in Seattle– Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan star in Nora Ephron’s wonderfully romantic comedy about two people drawn together by destiny.
- Ever After– Such a great movie on a different take on the classic Cinderella story. Drew Barrymore rocks this movie!
- The Princess Bride– If you grew up watching this movie, it may be one of your favorites! Such a great romance with sword fighting, adventure and more!
- Tangled– Out of any of the Disney movies, this one is one of the cutest romances to me and a great story of love! Love for yourself, family and more!
- The Princess and The Frog – Great jazz music and fun taking place in the bayou! I really love this movie and could watch it over and over! A classic with a twist on a frog who turns into a prince!
- Ponyo– Cutest movie ever! 2 kids learn what the true mean of love and sacrifice is early in life. Plus Ponyo is the cutest ever!
- Howls Moving Castle– If you like Japanese anima and haven’t seen this, it’s a must! I could watch this movie anytime!
- Shrek– Anyone else a huge Shrek fan?!!? Such a witty and funny movie about story book creatures and fairytales!
- Up– This movie reaches out to everyones inner kid. It is a great Pixar masterpiece that actually starts with a happily ever after and how to get it back.
- Despicable Me– A “bad guy” finds his way to the “good side” when he meets 3 orphans who change his life and career!
What are some of your favorite romantic movies to watch for Valentines?! There are lots of other great movies out there and we would love to hear your favorites! As I was putting this post together more and more movies kept coming into my mind, but as of today these are my top favs for Valentines! Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a great day!