Ready to kick off the Halloween season?!!? Today I am sharing 30+ festive movies that are sure to get you in the happy/fun Halloween mood! (P.S. This Halloween Movie Guide is full of super family friendly movies too!)
Halloween is my favorite holiday! I look forward to this time of year so much! It’s when the weather is starting to get cold, and all the holidays start! It really is the best! Jake and I really like to start watching movies at the beginning of October so we can get all our favorites in! Here is our Ultimate Family Friendly Halloween Movie Guide.
The Ultimate Halloween Movie Guide
- Hocus Pocus– It doesn’t get more classic than this! This is my go-to all time favorite Halloween movie! A must watch every year in my book!
- Double Double Toil and Trouble– Anyone else love MaryKate and Ashley Olsen growing up?!!? This is a cute movie about twins who learn to love how special it is to be an identical twin, all with some spooky twists and turns.
- Teen Witch– I loved this movie in high school. Such a fun one. This one would probably be off topic for younger kids, but fun for junior high/up. It’s about a girl who wants to be popular. She meets a lady who can help her dreams come true….but it might not turn out how she is wanting…..
- Halloween Town and Halloween Town 2– This series is a fun one
- Spooky Buddies– Love cute dogs?! This a fun spooky pup adventure!
- Don’t Look Under The Bed– This movie was so scary to me as a kid (I kept watching it over and over), but its soo good. Its a Disney Channel original all about how the make believe becomes really! Watch out for the boogieman….or boogiewoman?
- The Haunted Mansion–
- Hotel Transylvania 1, 2, 3– These are all cute movies, but personally #3 in my favorite. It’s not super halloweenie, but most of the characters in the movie are a “monster” so it’s fitting for the holiday.
- Under Wraps– Anyone else grow up with this Disney Channel original movie?! A boy meets a mummy and its all about their adventure together to get the mummy back home!
- Descendants 1,2,3 – This Disney Channel series is super fun! It’s cheesy, cute and shows how we can’t judge a book by its cover.
- The Addam’s Family/ Addam’s Family Values– I know there is a new cartoon of the Addams family out that is cute, but personally my favorite is the people version with Angelica Huston in them.
- The Witches– Such a classic movie! Witch gatherings, boys being turned into mouses, oh its all so scary and intense! (Kid scary that is!, I watched this as a kid and loved it!) Did you see a new one with Anne Hathaway is coming out?!?! I can’t wait for that!
- Beetlejuice– Don’t say this name 3 times……. it may open a portal to the realm of the undead!
- Clue– Need a good murder mystery comedy?! This will be your jam! Who did it… was it Ms. Scarlet with the wrench or a candlestick …. or how about the butler?!?! Colonel Mustard?!
- Ghostbusters– I am a fan of the old version (1&2) as well as the new remake that came out recently with Leslie Jones. Both are fun and great for different reasons. Both themed on a crew that specializes in catching ghosts in NYC!
- Casper– Have you heard of Casper the friendly ghost?! A new gal moves into town because her dad has been known to be able to communicate with ghosts. Her and her dad go on an adventure to a new home where ghosts are supposed to be living…….
- The Nightmare Before Christmas– To be honest, this is not my favorite Halloween movie, but I love the music! And Jack, Zero, and Sally! Such an odd movie, but great music!
- Twitches– Did you watch Sister Sister growing up!?!? Need I say more! A twin sister Halloween movie!
- Toy Story of Terror– Short, sweet and spooky fun! All the classic Toy Story favorites with a Halloween twist! This show is about 20 minutes long so its perfect for a quick Halloween movie before bed!
- Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie– Come join Pooh and friends in the Hundred Acre woods for a spooky adventure!
- The Little Vampire– Perfect for little kids! A boy moves from Scotland to America and is scared of vampires…but soon learns…they are actually friendly!
- Practical Magic– A family of Witches.. Sandra Bullock… need I say more?!
- Little Shop of Horrors– One of Jake’s all time favorite movies! A music comedy about a plant who comes to life! Fun catchy music, and fun characters too!
- Death Becomes Her– Ever think about cheating death and staying young forever?! Could there really be a potion for that?!?! (Not for younger kids) 2 frienamies test their friendship, relationships and everything else to find lasting youth.
- Edward Scissor Hands– A man of many talents and scissor hands! Besides Pirates of the Caribbean, my favorite Johnny Depp movie. This one might be a little to scary for little ones…
- E.T.– Jake and I recently went to the Drive In Movies and watched E.T. It was so fun! E.T. is from another planet and comes to earth. He needs help to get home or else he will get to sick to continue on earth. Elliot becomes E.T.s best friend!
- Scooby Doo And The Ghoul School– Any Scooby Doo show is perfect for Halloween but this movie is my favorite! Scooby and Shaggy get hired on at girls boarding school. All the girls happen to be ghouls……
- Harry Potter Series– Yes there are not Halloween specific but are so fun to watch this time of year! Its a great series, full of witches, ghouls, magic, pumpkins and more!
- Gremlins 1 & 2–
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer–
If You Liked This Post, You Might Like These Posts
Shop This Post
Do you have any favorite Halloween movies?!? I would love to hear about them in the comments below!