This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WaysToWow #CollectiveBias
Every Christmas Eve my mom always makes the most amazing buffet of our family party favorites! She does tons of fun finger foods, appetizers, a yummy meal and crepes for dessert! One of mine and Jake’s favorite appetizers she makes is a delicious baked brie cheese! She got the recipe from one of her darling friends who is an amazing cook! It really is the perfect holiday recipe and tastes so amazing!
One thing Jake and I love to do together is cook in the kitchen. This year we have really tried to eat out less and spend more time in the kitchen. Since we have been loving trying out new recipes we decided it was time to try and make ourselves a Baked Brie! When we went shopping at Target for the ingredients, we came across a ton of new varieties of Town House Crackers and decided to give them a shot and see how they tasted with the baked brie.
If you are looking for the perfect holiday recipe, make sure to try out the Baked Brie (recipe below) and pair it with some of your favorite Town House Crackers!
Recipe by Kris Olsen
(Dish Serves 12 to 16)
1 1/3 Cup Pecan Halves
3/4 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1 Standard Package of puff pastry (includes 2 sheets in package)
2 Brie Cheese Wheels (14 oz each)
1 Large Egg Yolk
2 Tablespoons Heavy Whip Cream
1. In a medium bowl, combine pecans and sugar. Set aside for later. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Lightly dust work surface with flour. Place one sheet of puff pastry on the work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out puff pasty into 1/8 inch thick slice. Using a knife or pasty wheel, cut eh puff pastry into a 13 inch round, saving the scraps for decorating.
3. Place the Brie in the centre of the puff pastry. Top the Brie with the pecan mixture, spreading to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the cheese. Be sure to remove any sugar or nuts from the puff pastry, as they may cause holes to form during baking. Fold puff pasty up and over Brie to enclose. The center of the Brie will not be completely covers with pastry. Transfer to baking sheet.
4. Lightly dust work surface with flour. Repeats rolling process if needed. Drape pastry over the Brie, tucking the edges under to enclose.
5. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and cream to make an egg wash. Cut reserved scarps of puff pastry into decorative shapes. (cookie cutters work good too 🙂 Using a pastry brush, gently brush the decorative shapes with the egg wash and adhere to wrapped Brie. Brush the wrapped Brie evenly with the egg wash. Transfer to refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
6. Preheat over to 400 degrees. Bake Brie until golden brown and puffed, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until dark golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes more.
7. Pair Brie with your favorite crackers and enjoy! Best served hot.
Since we made this recipe just for the two of us we used a mini brie cheese wheel and did not flatten out the puff pastry. We also just used a small amount of brown sugar and chopped pecans. This recipe is super easy and fun, and super hard to mess up!